Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I love getting together with friends and family and celebrating all of the many things we have to be grateful for. I'm of course grateful for the traditional things like food, clothing, shelter, family, liberty, etc. However, what follows is a lighthearted list of things I'm grateful for.
1. I'm grateful that my cat, unlike my roommate's cat, is not inclined to scale the screen door.
2. I'm grateful that I now have a magnetic cat door that will allow my cat into my bedroom, but will not allow my roommate's cat in.
3. I'm grateful that the construction at my apartment complex is nearly finished and may be done sometime before the turn of the century.
4. I'm grateful that my inability to afford cable has granted me the opportunity to try to learn Spanish. (I have an antenna, and most of the channels I can pick up are in Spanish. I think the only English channels I can get are ABC and PBS.)
5. I'm grateful that the trackpad and trackball on my laptop are working today.
6. I'm grateful that somebody will read this blog entry and comment on it. (Hint, hint...)
Have a happy Thanksgiving. What are you grateful for? (Serious or lighthearted, it's all good.)
1 comment:
Well...somebody has to comment...so there.
Post a Comment