...In Seven Easy Steps:
Step 1: Purchase a thrift-store toaster oven with the toast setting broken. This will allow you to make toast only using the broil setting. If you use a toaster, or a toaster oven with a functioning toast setting, your charcoal will be underdone.
Step 2: Place your bread in the oven, and turn the oven to broil.
Step 3: Get distracted.
Step 4: Completely forget that you have bread in the oven. Check your e-mail, play with your cat, and get in the shower.
Step 5: About 30 seconds after you've stepped into the shower, remember your toast. (Be sure your waist-length hair is good and wet for this to work best.)
Step 6: Grab a towel, wrap up in it, and frantically run to the kitchen.
Step 7: Turn off the toaster oven.
Presto! You have charcoal.
Fortunately, it didn't catch fire. It was close, though--smoke was billowing out of my toaster oven, and the cats were staring at it with a mild degree of alarm. I guess I have more on my mind than I realized. (I get absent-minded when I'm under stress. Finals are approaching.)
2 comments:
So that made my evening. Hee!
Yikes! I'm glad that nothing caught on fire. We just have a normal toaster, but it will burn your toast even on the lowest setting.
Post a Comment