Sunday, April 17, 2011

Ode to Mineral Makeup

I've been so swamped with school and work that I haven't had time to blog. But today, I've decided to write an ode to mineral makeup. (Waxing poetic about makeup is really out of character for me, but whatever.)

I switched to mineral makeup about 4 months ago because of concerns about the additives in conventional makeup. My endocrine system is extremely sensitive these days, so I have to reduce my exposure to a laundry list of synthetic chemicals. Mineral makeup is all natural, so I decided to give it a try.

I love it! My rosacea has cleared up. Plus the makeup feels like it isn't even there. It stays on all day and looks natural. It also provides sun protection. My skin glows!

Jen thinks I'm a crazy hippie for using it (but then, she thinks I'm a crazy hippie anyway).

It's messy to put on, and it takes longer in the morning. (10-15 minutes instead of 5 minutes for conventional makeup) It's so worth it, though!

1 comment:

Melissa Bond Davis said...

I switched to mineral a few years ago, and I LOVE it! I wont ever switch back! Good for you, small changes giving big results