Everyday Narcissism has 72 blog posts. I excluded my list and quiz posts when I ran the genie. That leaves me with 61 posts to analyze. 24 of them came up as female, and 37 of them came up as male. This means that the genie was only correct 39% of the time. The genie actually did worse than random chance.
There seemed to be little rhyme or reason to which posts came up as female and which posts came up as male. Jen posited that the computer was just guessing based on stereotypes, but that didn't seem to fit because the two posts I wrote about laundry came up as male, and the post I wrote about how much I hate shopping came up as female.
The funniest error was in the analysis of An Open Letter to the California Highway Patrol. In that post, I specifically stated that I'm a woman. The gender genie's result: male. At least the one where I talked about being vaccinated for cervical cancer came up female!
| Female | Male The Gender Genie |
| Reevaluating First Impressions | Space Invaders |
| War against IRAC | Installation Wizard |
| The Stupid Agency | Legal Textbook Review |
| Bill of Rights | SCU Campus Food Review |
| Still Alive | Ironic Spam |
| Frugal Living | Business Writing Help |
| Some Things Just Bug Me | Pondering Pronouns |
| How to Motivate | Words You Don't Hear Every Day |
| I Had It Coming | NaNoWriMo |
| Short Thoughts | What's In a Name |
| A Public Service Announcement | The Jester Hat |
| A New Addition to the World | To PhD or not to PhD |
| AAA AAA AAA AAA! | My Love/Hate Relationship with Citation |
| The Extended Pain of Finals | Feline Alarm Clock |
| Un-Shopping | Short Thoughts, Volume 2 |
| Au Revoir to My Long Hair | Nerdy Goodness |
| How the Cat Stole Christmas | The First Week of School |
| Karaoke | Freedom! |
| Out of Gas | I'm Still Alive Over Here (More or Less) |
| How to Make Your Own Charcoal | The Physicists at FedEx |
| Funny T-Shirts | Washing Machine Update |
| The Ten Commandments of Roommates | Dreams that Come True |
| My Other Job Involves Time Travel | Washing Machine Agitation |
| Welcome to Everyday Narcissism | Goodbye, Sunglasses |
| Feeling Overwhelmed | |
| The Trials of Fake Post Offices | |
| Happy New Year! | |
| Grand Plans for Christmas Break | |
| Happy Thanksgiving | |
| Cleaning Disk Drives | |
| It's a Hardware Problem | |
| Law School Humor | |
| I Think I'm Going to Paint My Car | |
| An Open Letter to the California Highway Patrol | |
| Word of the Day | |
| Musical Instruments |
No comments:
Post a Comment