Life marches on, and clothes still need to be washed. I ended up buying a spin dryer, and I love it! My roommate did an experiment, and she measured the amount of water the spin dryer extracted from a load of laundry. The result: 6 cups! No wonder it took so long for the clothes to dry. Imagine how long it takes to boil off that much water. Now it takes about 30 minutes to dry a load. Hopefully this will help with the electric bill.
So, now that the spin cycle problem is fixed, it paved the way for yet another problem. I got home last night, and my roommate was mopping up water from the kitchen counter. Apparently, the faucet adapter that allows the washer to hook up to the kitchen sink is loose. We tried tightening it, to no avail. This has happened once before, and a little bit of plumber's tape fixed it. Unfortunately, we're all out. At least this is a problem that can be solved with a trip to the hardware store and 2 minutes of taping.
No comments:
Post a Comment