Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Extended Pain of Finals

When I was an undergrad, finals weren't too bad. They came regularly every 10 weeks and were over with in a period of 3-4 days. It was a predictable part of the circle of life. The occasional take-home final would come a week in advance and still be due during finals week. Totally manageable and low-stress.

Now that I'm in law school, the universe has decided to prolong the agony. My first take-home final was distributed on Thursday. (April 2) The in-class research exam relating to the final is this Thursday (April 9), with the actual finished product due April 20. Then I have in-class finals on May 7, May 13, and May 18. Total time from start to finish- 47 days!!

Needless to say, I'm going to be a bit unpleasant to be around for the next few weeks. I apologize in advance!

2 comments:

Tamaran said...

I'm so sorry! I honestly can't imagine having finals spread out that much. #1 reason why I opted out of grad school!

Tamaran said...

Oh, forgot to wish you luck (and sanity and sleep-when you can fit them in)!