Saturday, October 11, 2008

I Think I'm Going to Paint My Car

My car is old. So old, in fact, that if it were a person, it would be old enough to vote. I drive a 1990 Toyota Camry with 255,000 miles on it. It's red, after a fashion. The car has needed a paint job since before I bought it. Every so often, I consider painting it, but I always toss out the idea because I figure the car won't be around much longer anyway. I've finally come to the conclusion that Toyotas are indestructible, so I might as well just do it.

I've been driving for 11 years, and I've had the privilege to drive 13 different vehicles. (This includes rental cars and business fleet cars.) The only car I've ever been pulled over in is my current car, where I've been pulled over 3 times in the past year. I wasn't breaking the law any of the times I was pulled over, and I wasn't ticketed. Unless the East Palo Alto police, the Fremont Police, and the California Highway Patrol are in some sort of conspiracy, it must be something about my car.

So, since my car needs a new paint job anyway, I'm asking you, my readers what color I should paint it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paint it green! That way, we can go "Green!" "Purple!" "GREEN!" "PURPLE!!" and entertain ourselves for hours!