Thursday, January 1, 2015

2014 in review


I haven’t blogged much in the past year. 2014 started out by getting laid off from a job I liked (but a commute I hated). I uprooted my tidy life and headed off into the great unknown, arriving in Phoenix just in time for the legendary summer season. (The heat wasn’t as bad as I had expected, but the hurricane-induced flooding was inconvenient. My sources tell me that was a once every hundred years occurrence, so I figure I’m good to go.)

I went on vacation with some friends this summer to Bryce Canyon, which was a bright spot to an otherwise very hard year. It took me months to find a job, which was demoralizing. When I did finally land a job, it was only a temp gig. I was fortunate that it kept getting extended, and I’ve made some good contacts to help me out with my continuing quest for a more permanent job.

I got a new cat, Obsidian. Her previous owners couldn’t keep her, and I took her in to rescue her from going to the shelter. Ebony isn’t too thrilled, but they’ve moved from swatting and hissing to just the occasional growl. Every now and then, when they think I’m not looking, they’ll even groom each other. I’m going to try to be better about documenting 2015, but no guarantees.

1 comment:

Tamaran said...

I hope for your sake that its a 'once every hundred year occurrence'...but it is really a one percent chance flood, meaning there is a one percent chance of that occurring every year. It is totally possible to have a one percent chance flood two years in a row, or multiple times in say...ten years.

Anyway, thank you for posting. I love being able to catch up on you and how things are going. Happy New Year!