Sunday, May 6, 2012

Travel Challenge


Elisabeth wrote a post about a travel challenge. I shamelessly stole the idea and decided to use it for my own blog post. It's a list of 100 places. I've bolded the places I've gone to. I've managed to make it to 15 of them. (I've never been to Napa or Yosemite, despite living only a few hours away for most of my life.) I guess I'm not as well-traveled as I thought. (Though I have set foot on 3 continents.)

Travel Challenge
1. Alamo-San Antonio, Texas (I was in San Antonio a few years ago, but I didn't have time to do anything touristy.)
2. Alhambra-Granada, Spain
3. Andros Island-Bahamas
4. Angel Falls-Venezuela
5. Angkor Wat-Angkor, Cambodia
6. Atlantic City Boardwald-Atlantic City, New Jersey
7. Ayers Rock-Australia
8. Big Ben-London, England
9. Bora Bora-Polynesia
10. British Museum-London, England
11. Canals of Amsterdam-Amsterdam, Netherlands
12. Cathedral of Seville-Seville, Spain
13. Cave of Crystals-Mexico
14. Christ the Redeemer-Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
15. Cinque Terre National Park-Italy
16. Colosseum-Rome, Italy
17. Crater Lake National Park-Oregon
18. Dead Sea-Israel/Jordan
(Only on the Israel side. My visa wouldn’t let me go to Jordan.)
19. Death Valley-California
20. Devil's Tower-Wyoming
21. Dome of the Rock-Jerusalem, Israel 
22. Easter Island-Polynesia
23. Edinburgh Castle-Edinburgh, Scotland
24. Eiffel Tower-Paris, France
25. Empire State Building-New York City, New York
26. Forbidden City-Beijing, China
27.  French Quarter-New Orleans, Louisiana
28.  Galapagos Islands-Ecuador (but I have been able to pet a Galapagos turtle!)
29.  Gateway Arch-St. Louis, Missouri
30.  Gettysburg Battlefield-Gettysburg, Pennsylania
31. Glacier Bay Basin-Alaska
32. Glacier National Park-Montana
33. Glowworm Cave-New Zealand
34. Golden Gate Bridge-San Francisco, California
35. Grand Canal-Venice, Italy
36. Grand Canyon-Arizona
37.  Grand Mosque in Mecca-Saudi Arabia
38.  Great Barrier Reef-Queensland, Australia
39.  Great Mosque of Cordoba-Cordoba, Spain
40.  Great Wall of China-China
41. Hagia Sophia-Istanbul, Turkey
42.  Hawaii Volcanoes National Park-Hawaii
43.  Hollywood Boulevard-Hollywood, California
44.  Iguazu Falls-Argentina/Brazil
45.  Kiyomizu-dera-Kyoto, Japan
46. Kremlin-Moscow, Russia
47. Lake Titicaca-Peru
48. Las Ramblas-Barcelona, Spain
49.  Las Vegas Strip-Las Vegas, Nevada
50. Leaning Tower of Pisa-Pisa, Italy
51. Louvre Museum-Paris, France
52. Macchu Picchu-Peru
53. Matterhorn-Switzerland
54. Chichen Itza-Mexico
55.  Metropolitan Museum of Art-New York City
56.  Mount Everest-Nepal
57.  Mount Fuji-Japan
58.  Mount Kilimanjaro-Tanzania
59.  Mount Rushmore-South Dakota
60. Napa Valley-California
61. Ngorongoro Crater-Tanzania
62.  Niagara Falls-New York
63.  Notre Dame Cathedral-Paris, France
64.  Pacific Rim National Park-British Columbia

65.  Pebble beaches of Nice-Nice, France

66. Petra-Jordan
67. Petronas Towers-Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
68.  Portland Head Lighthouse-Maine
69.  Puerta del Sol-Madrid, Spain
70.  Pyramids of Giza-Egypt
71.  Redwood National Park-California
72.  Rock of Gibraltar-Gibraltar
73.  Rocky Mountain National Park-Colorado
74.  Ruins of Athens-Athens, Greece
75.  Ruins of Pompeii-Italy
76.  Sagrada Familia-Barcelona, Spain
77. Sears Tower-Chicago, Illinois
78. Sedlec Ossuary-Czech Republic
79.  Sistine Chapel-Vatican City
80. Smithsonian Institute-Washington, D.C.
81. Space Needle-Seattle, Washington
82. St. Peter's Basilica-Vatican City
83. Statue of Liberty-New York City (I’ve been to the one in Paris, and I’ve seen the one in NYC from the Newark airport.)
84. Stonehenge-England
85. Sydney Opera House-Sydney, Australia
86.  Taj Mahal-Agra, India
87. Temple of the Golden Pavilion-Kyoto, Japan
88. Teotihuacan-Mexico
89.  Tian Tan Buddha-Hong Kong
90. Times Square-New York
91. Varanasi-Uttar Pradesh, India
92. Victoria Falls-Zimbabwe
93. Wailing Wall-Jerusalem, Israel
94. Walt Disney World Resort-Orlando, Florida
95. Washington Monument-Washington, D.C.
96.  White Cliffs of Dover-Dover, England
97. White House-Washington, D.C.
98. Winchester Cathedral-Hampshire, England
99. Yosemite National Park-California
100. Zion National Park-Utah

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

I think that being to three continents still counts as being pretty well traveled. I think the only reason I had been to 28 places is that so much of the list was in England.