Monday, March 12, 2012

Back from Oblivion

I apologize for my long absence. It turns out that working full-time, studying for the bar exam, and teaching a college English class isn't really conducive to blogging. Now that the bar exam is over, I'm back in the game. The exam was two weeks ago, but I'm only now making up my sleep debt. (Just in time to incur a new one. Thanks, Daylight Saving Time!)

All the talk of sleep debt makes me wonder - what is the sleep interest rate? If I'm overwhelmed by the sheer magnitude of it all, can I declare sleep bankruptcy? What will that do to my sleep credit score?

This reminds me of a verse of scripture. Among other things, Doctrine and Covenants 88:124 admonishes us to "cease to sleep longer than is needful." At the risk of getting struck by lightning, I'll have to admit that whenever I hear that phrase, I laugh a bit. Who has time to sleep longer than is needful? I would settle for even being able to sleep as long as is needful.

1 comment:

Tamaran said...

I feel like I could declare sleep bankruptcy also...but does that allow you to start over and not feel sleep deprived? If yes, heck with my sleep credit score-I'd take it! And I have to laugh about your comment on the scripture. I've never thought about it that way...I'd also settle for hitting that perfect amount that is not longer than needful, but just right.