Something funny (in a gallows humor sort of way) happened at work yesterday. One of my many responsibilities is stocking the break room so that the engineers are well-fed and appropriately caffeinated. A few weeks ago, at the request of our CFO, we switched brands of tea. The new brand of tea we use coincidentally has the same name as an employee who was asked to resign last month.
I was in the kitchen re-stocking the tea, and one of the engineers made a comment about the name of the tea brand. He joked that the timing was suspicious and that he was a little hesitant to drink it, wondering what was in it. We had a little laugh about it before returning to our respective cubicles.
(And for the record, the tea in question contains tea leaves and other plant-based spices. No former employees were harmed in the creation of the beverage. HR people may be evil, but we're not that evil.)
3 comments:
lol
That's pretty funny! Still, better be careful if you resign, just in case!
At one place I worked, they often had 5 pots of coffee with only half an inch of coffee in the, but still being heated. Sick of smelling burned coffee, I started combining all the partially full pots into one pot, & rinsed out the pots.
Someone blew a fuse when they saw me doing that. Hey, I don't drink the stuff, so what's the big deal?
But, combining various coffees could lead to this:
http://www.mikedowney.co.uk/blog/2005/09/13
Post a Comment