Wednesday, November 4, 2009

NaNoWriMo

It's November again, and that means it's time for NaNoWriMo! (National Novel Writing Month) Every year, budding authors get together and harness the power of positive peer pressure (look, I can alliterate!) to encourage one another to write. It's like having a jogging buddy. The goal is to write a 50,000 word novel by the end of the month.

I've been meaning to do it for a few years, but I never have time. I realized that I'll never find the time; I have to make the time, so I'm going to give it a go this year. I'm guessing that most of my novel will come between November 24 and 30. (Two reasons: 1- I'm a procrastinator. 2- My seminar paper is due on November 23.)

I have the embarrassingly low word count of 211 right now. (I should be around 6,600 to be on track.) I have a setting and a story outline; I just haven't had time to sit down and write it yet. You can follow my progress here. I don't have a title yet, so if anyone has any suggestions after reading the synopsis, feel free to let me know.

If any of you reading this are fellow participants, please add me as a writing buddy. (It's not too late to join if anyone wants to get started!)

No comments: